Thursday, February 26, 2009

Significant Sentence - 1st blog

'It's hard to have a sister who is perfect.' - Ask Me No Questions by: Marina Budhos p. 3

I agree with Nadira on this subject. It must be hard having someone in your family who is perfect and then be expected to follow in their footsteps. I don't have a sister but, that's what my mom is like. She is really good at math and science and she expects me to be just as smart. I really hate it because she is always pressuring me to be the same as her. Nadira seems to be invisble beside her sister because she is not the carbon copy of her sister. Everyone is always saying great things about her sister and Nadira feels hurt because no one ever says anything great about her. Also people might be disapointed in her because she is not as smart as her sister.

6 comments:

  1. I think you have a very good observation here. People always look at the sort of star of the family, and that's the only thing they seem to see. Nadira seems to be content to hide in her sister's shadow half of the time, but sometimes she also seems like she just wants to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree that Nadira feels like she needs to be a bit like her sister. You made some great points and I liked this part too. I think Nadira needs a self-esteem boost...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Having a perfect sister would be pressuring and annoying. Nadira seems like a girl who likes being invisible and she always gets ignored or feels VERY unperfect (is that a word) when her sister starts talking or helping. Nice blog.(I like the "carbon copy" comparison)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like all of these people, I agree also. Nadira seems to only think about how she believes other people think about her. I think every girl, anywhere, needs to look at who they are as: (Insert their full name here) as a whole. Then people would be more confident, and feel great about themselves. Dont take it all personally Lyndz, everyone goes through this.
    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also agree with you! I think that when girls have older sisters that are more...well....better than them they try even harder to stand out. Nadira seems to have just given up on trying to step out of her sister's shadow, and i think she should start trying again because i feel she can be better than her sister if she really try's hard enough. i also have noticed that Nadira seems to just be complaining about how her sister is so perfect but not really doing anything to get her parents to notice her. :) great job :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. it MUST be hard having a sister who's perfect. i know i would get tired of it.
    i'd probably do something really stupid like slap them.
    oops.... that would be bad. but like i said, i'd get tired of it!
    poor Nadira is always in the shadows and never gets her time to shine (at least so far)
    that must be quite annoying at the least.

    ReplyDelete