Friday, March 6, 2009

Borders - Wetback movie and ask me no questions

WetBack - someone who came to the U.S. illegally by crossing the Rio Grande river.
I didn't know that this was method people used to cross the boarder to the U.S. I never even knew that the river went that far down so that they could us it to cross. I also didn't know that about 3,000 people immigrate from Latin America each day. I found that to be a little surprising. Also when people try to cross the boarder, some are never heard from again and others are killed and buried in unmarked graves. I think that it must be really scary having to go do that. I mean what if you get caught? What if you don't have papers? What if you have to get deported all the way back to where you came from?

In Ask Me No Questions there is a line where Aisha asks "What if they say no at the boarder?"

there seem to be a lot of questions about 'the border'. Also everyone seems to be worried about it. They have a right to be worried. I mean if they get turned away they are going to have to go back to where they came from and risk their expired visas being discovered. Plus they might get treated badly because of where they are from and what their religion is.

No comments:

Post a Comment