Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chap #9 day dream...

"All through social studies class I keep having this weird vision of a police officer showing up at school. I see his visor tipping down as he pushes through the door. He and Mr. Laird huddle together, and then their eyes comb me over. The other kids are snickering, laughing and my neck grows sticky with sweat as they pull me away from everything I know."

I think that Nadira is really freaked out right now with all thats going on. She seems to be taking this a lot worse then Aisha is. Aisha is still acting like nothings wrong and Nadira has come to face the fact that things might not be okay. I think that this daydream is what her worst nightmare could possibly be right now. She seems to not be only worried about her father anymore but now she worried about what will happen if people find out about her and Aisha. I think she is wondering what it would be like to live a pretty normal life with one huge secret and then have it revealed to everyone as you leave that old life behind.

2 comments:

  1. I like the quote you chose! :) btw, I luv your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Lyndsay! She is freaked out, her dream says it all. I think Aisha needs to step it up a bit, and act like an adult. Even though she's scared, she's acting like a child, forcing Nadira to step it up, and not her. You're right, she is making that stupid mistake of only think about her father's well being and not thinking about exposing the rest of her family. I would also like to know whether she's thinking about the "lucky" people with normal lives.

    ReplyDelete