Monday, March 9, 2009

Chap. #7 the killings

"The more Grandmother prayed, the worse the news became. They heard about university students shot and professors murdered on their pillows. They heard about Freedom Fighters mowed down in dirt pits, Hindu villages riddled with gunshot. Millions of refugees formed an endless, tattered stream trudging toward Calcutta, in India."
This mini-paragraph scared me a lot. Not like the horror film kind of scar but the scar where it stays with you and disturbs you for a long time. This made me repeat one question over and over in my mind 'why do we kill?' I have always been asking myself why we participate in war or why we kill people just because they are different. Either way its taking a life and adding one more dead body to the earth. It's not worth it. People do it for their own reasons that they think are good enough but there is no reason to take a persons life, even the death penalty. I don't care if they were someone who killed 20 people or someone who only killed one it just brings the body count for our government up to some other number. It's like taking away a child's toy just because one left it somewhere 20 times and the other left it somewhere once, either way it is going to make the child very upset when you take it away. Also That person that is assigned the death penalty belonged to a family. They have people that love them out there. I don't think it's right to take that person away from their family. I know I just completley rambled onto the death penalty there but I thought it was relevant. now I am also not saying that people that kill other people should go unpunished but they should not be killed. Also those people that were murdering the Hindu's, the students, the freedom fighters, and the professors should have a better reason then 'they are of a different religion' to kill them. Even then if they did find one it would still have been wrong to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment