Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Chap. #16 Aisha is ungratful

Aisha flings down her dish towel, goes into the bedroom, and brings out her stack of envelopes to the dinner table. She starts ripping them in half, one by one.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"Come on, Nadira. This is formality. We have to leave."
"No, the judge, he said we'd have an appeal."
"Oh please." She jerks her hand away. "You are such a baby. Do you really believe a little fourteen-year-old can make the United States government change its mind?" She tears another envelope in two and pushes chunks of ripped-up paper into a mound in the center of the table.

Okay. I officially hate Aisha with all my heart. I want to call her a lot of bad things but one: they might not be appropriate for this blog and two: I don't even think she deserves it. She just said that Nadira can't do anything to help just because she is a young teenager. I mean we have had seven year olds that have made a difference! So, hate to tell you Aisha but, your sister can kinda make a difference. in fact she is the only one out of your little pity party that is trying to save your dad. Wow.... she really gets on my nerves. I mean in the early chapters of the book she was acting more like everything would be fine in the end and now she has gone a little to far by acting like everything will go down in flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment