Thursday, March 5, 2009

Chap. #6 - Lily Lee

" 'My dad went away for a whole day and came back at four in the morning. My mother went crazy and threw a lamp at him.' " and "Lily has her own secrets. Once she saw her father kissing another women in a restaurant." - page 46. Ask Me No Questions

When I read this section of the book it made me very sad. Lily really seems to "worship" her father and her mother seems to love him very much. He still cares about them and all that but why is throwing something that good away? He seems to not care about his family anymore if he is going around cheating on his wife like that. It's like he is treating her as a stuffed animal. One moment he wants it so badly and then he gets board with it. Then he just throws it off to the side, in a dark little corner, and then goes off to find a new stuffed animal. I think its just cruel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment